Do you have any plans in place for oral accidents? Although there are many treatments out there for a variety of oral health ailments, it’s best to deal with any difficult situations before they even begin. However, in some cases, damage to your teeth and gums is done very quickly, so you must defend your mouth against any harm that could come your way.
Listed below are some risks that are often seen or experienced in our everyday lives that you should avoid or exercise caution with:
– Many types of lip and mouth piercings are made of metal or a hard substance that can easily crack or break our teeth, or even break off and cause infections, gum damage, and become choking hazards.
– Never open anything with your mouth, as this is an easy way to crack your teeth or damage your gums.
– If you play any contact sports, make sure to use the recommended safety gear to not only protect your mouth and jaw from damage but also your overall health as well.
– Bad habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco greatly increase your chances for tooth discoloration, gum disease, and oral cancer.
– Some food and edibles may be hazardous to our teeth, resulting in cracks, fractures, split teeth, and chips, including corn on the cob, hard candy apples, oversized candy canes, and ice.
Keeping your teeth safe and clean ensures many oral health risks will not be able to harm you. To schedule your oral exam or professional cleaning at Midtown Dental with Dr. R. Nab and our team at our dentist office in Houston, Texas, simply give us a call at 713-481-5693. We look forward to hearing from you.