You’ve probably heard of braces and retainers, but are you familiar with jaw repositioners? Lip and cheek bumpers? Palatal expanders? Oral apparatuses come in numerous forms and fashions, and if you’ve got misaligned teeth or other misalignment problems, there’s something we can do for you.
The following is a list of dental and orthodontic devices that you may be unfamiliar with:
– Jaw repositioners can help realign jaws to make speaking, eating and breathing additionally comfortable (and safe). They may also decrease uneasiness in people suffering from TMJ disorder.
– Lip and cheek bumpers diminish pressure on teeth from the lips and cheeks, which can slowly move around pearly whites over time.
– Palatal expanders widen the jaw arch by use of a mouth-fitting apparatus that sits in the roof of the oral cavity, applying pressure to the palate.
– Space maintainers are beneficial if you’ve lost baby chompers prematurely: to thwart chompers from coming too close together, space maintainers save gaps open while adult pearly whites or dentures are developed.
– Other appliances are built for very specialized purposes like foiling thumb-sucking or protecting your pearly whites from grinding or facial trauma.
To learn more about what oral and orthodontic appliances can do for you, please give our Midtown Dental team in Houston, Texas, a call now at 713-481-5693. They’ll be sure to support you as they answer your queries and address your concerns, and they can pencil in you a checkup with Dr. R. Nab.